Initial general psychiatric assessment – £560
- Up to 1.5 hours
- The fee may differ should there be a pre-arranged fixed rate with your insurance company. You will be responsible for any insurance company excesses.
ADHD assessment – £900
- Please note Vanderbilt parent, teacher and separate school questionnaire must be completed prior to the assessment and depending on your child’s age a self-report questionnaire. If you did not receive these blank forms when booking the appointment, please e-mail email@example.com to request them.
- If diagnosed and medication prescribed, included in the initial ADHD assessment charge of £900 will be email liaison between you and Dr van Zwanenberg regarding benefits, side effects and dose changes required and further brief GP update letters between the initial assessment date and the next review date. The next review will occur within 3 months of the initial assessment for 30 minutes at a charge of £185. If there are no ongoing concerns, 30 minute review appointments will then be 6 monthly at a cost of £185, whilst the young person remains on medication.
- There is a separate charge by the Pharmacy for medication, if prescribed.
- A detailed diagnostic report will follow the initial assessment along with a short letter for the young person’s educational setting. This short letter will be sent to the young person/family to give who they feel is appropriate.
- GP update letters will be sent following each review appointment and is included in the review fee.
- An initial general psychiatric assessment is the first appointment (up to 1.5 hours) if you wish for other mental health conditions to be considered prior to the autism spectrum disorder assessment £560.
- If just an autism diagnostic assessment is required only the following two parts need to take place, (Dr van Zwanenberg may request you and the young person’s educational setting, (if you consent to that), complete some questionnaires prior to the assessment):
- Part 1: An Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – ADOS, completed by another clinician with the young person, probably on a separate day. Please note the ADOS costs are charged directly by the clinician and separate to Dr van Zwanenberg’ charges. Please ask for up to date costs.
- Unless agreed otherwise in advance, we aim for the ADOS to be completed first and the report to be available to Dr van Zwanenberg in time for the developmental history appointment so clarity can be given regarding whether a diagnosis is appropriate at end of Dr van Zwanenberg’s appointment.
- Part 2: An online appointment with Dr van Zwanenberg on a separate day from the ADOS will be a detailed developmental history with Dr van Zwanenberg: £900 (approx. 1.5 hours with parents only). A detailed report will follow Dr van Zwanenberg’s appointment with the ADOS and developmental history detailed in this report. There will be an additional short letter for the young person’s educational setting. This short letter will be sent to the young person/family to give to who they feel is appropriate rather than sent directly to school.
Combined ASD and ADHD assessment
- Part 1: Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – ADOS, completed by another clinician with the young person. Please note the ADOS costs are charged directly by the clinician and separate to Dr van Zwanenberg’ charges. Please ask for up to date costs.
- Part 2: A detailed history with Dr van Zwanenberg; this is online and on a separate day from the ADOS. Part of the assessment will be with parents only and part of the assessment with parents and the young person (and the young person is offered time on their own too if they wish to have this). A detailed report will follow with the ADHD assessment, ADOS and developmental history and whether a young person meets criteria for diagnose. An additional short letter for the young person’s educational setting will be provided too. This short letter will be sent to the young person/family to give to who they feel is appropriate rather than being sent directly to the educational setting £1200.
- Per half hour of follow up for any diagnosis: £185 for the 30 minutes and pro rata thereafter. If you believe you need a longer follow up than 30 minutes, please ask to book a longer slot.
- Repeat prescriptions that require posting will be charged at £12 to cover postage and administration costs, (those given in a clinic review will be free); Dr van Zwanenberg usually uses an online pharmacy cloudrx for prescriptions which she can detail to you further at the appointment.
- Controlled drug repeat prescriptions that require posting have to be sent by special delivery so will be charged at £20 unless issued in the appointment. These are often medications for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Additional telephone calls
Additional telephone calls requested outside of the treatment plans made in clinic, (which may involve a free planned telephone call), will be charged at £30 for the first 15 minutes and £50 per 15 minutes thereafter.
Please note payment is required prior to the day of consultation. You will be sent an invoice in advance of the appointment by Dr van Zwanenberg’s automatic invoicing system via Xero accounting.
If you have private medical insurance, please provide confirmation of your membership details and authorisation code prior to your appointment. It is your responsibility to confirm with your insurer in advance that your care is covered by your insurance policy.
If payment is to be made through your private medical insurance and an excess is due or the insurance company decline to make payment, you remain liable for the payment. You can find out whether an excess is due by speaking to your insurance company or checking your policy details.
Please note: Insurance companies do not pay the excess due direct to Dr van Zwanenberg when settling the invoice for the consultation fees. Any excess payment due must be made by yourselves to Dr van Zwanenberg before or on the day of the consultation please.
* The fee may differ should there be a pre-arranged fixed rate with your insurance company. You will be responsible for any insurance company excesses.
Fees will be reviewed periodically so please ensure you are aware of current charges.
I will try to accommodate requests to reschedule appointments wherever possible but costs are incurred when changes are made at short notice. I therefore require you to give at least 2 clear working day’s notice via firstname.lastname@example.org or via the administration team at the Priory Wellbeing Centre in Oxford if you wish to cancel or change your appointment otherwise you will be charged the full fee for the missed appointment.
Please note that most health insurance companies will not generally cover the cancellation fee and you will be liable for this.