About Dr van Zwanenberg
Dr van Zwanenberg qualified from Nottingham Medical School in 1999. She has always been interested in psychiatry and joined a training rotation specifically for psychiatry in 2004. She completed her specialist training on the Oxford rotation and then was appointed the consultant for the Oxford Child and Adolescent assertive outreach, dialectical behavioral therapy, and crisis team. She worked intensively with outpatients that were difficult to engage or who required intensive input to prevent hospital admission.
In 2012 Dr van Zwanenberg joined The Priory Group (the largest provider of independent mental health care in the UK). Initially, she was working as a consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist for the adolescent inpatients on their acute adolescent inpatient unit and their high dependency unit in Birmingham. Shortly after joining the Priory Group, she was promoted to become the Medical Director of the Woodbourne Priory Hospital in Birmingham. Subsequently, Dr van Zwanenberg was requested to additionally provide Medical Directorship to the Nottingham Priory Hospital. In 2016 Dr van Zwanenberg took on the additional responsibility of being The Priory Group’s Clinical Director for their national outpatient clinics (Priory Wellbeing Centres). Since January 2017 she has retained responsibility for their private outpatient and inpatient services while also being promoted to the Group Associate Medical Director for Priory Group and Partnerships in Care and becoming their Responsible Officer
Additionally, Dr van Zwanenberg has been a specialist advisor for the Care Quality Commission which monitors standards of health and social care services.
Dr van Zwanenberg is also involved in providing expert opinion to national and international press and she has been quoted or asked to write analysis or blogs in many national and international papers which include The Times, The Telegraph, The Daily Mail, The Express, The Huffington Post, The New Zealand Herald, The New York Times and papers in Indonesia and Taiwan.
Dr Hayley van Zwanenberg collects anonymous feedback from the young people she sees in her clinic to help her continue to learn and to ensure young people are happy with her care. Dr Hayley van Zwanenberg has collected feedback in 2017. Below are all the written comments from her feedback from recent young people who have been seen by her in her clinic:
- Dr Hayley probably saved my son’s life. A great Doctor.
- When dealing with a person with mental illness it is essential that the patient feels that they are being believed by the Doctor who provides the treatment. Dr van Zwanenberg is able to build trust and rapport and is sympathetic, understanding and non judgmental in her approach.
- Hayley has always been very accessible and helpful if we’ve needed to contact her between appointments.
- Without Doctor Hayley I am certain I would not be alive today and she has been a massive help to me and my family.
- She is very helpful
- She is so kind and supportive
- Dr Hayley van Zwanenberg is a very good doctor
- Very friendly and helpful.
- Brilliant Doctor, I gave up and Dr Hayley picked me back up and got be back to myself. I feel like she actually cares and respects what I say.
- Dr Hayley saved me from suicide and helped me turn my life around. She is the best!
- Dr Hayley has been very good for my daughter – she has been kind, caring and has explained her condition to us very well. My daughter was really poorly but is now well on the way to a good recovery thanks to Dr Hayley’s treatment and care.
- Very happy with the service Dr Hayley has provided.
- Very good doctor.